Cross Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Update 2/09/2019: Ski and snowshoe rental available. *Trail conditions and snow report.
Cross-country skiing is a rejuvenating sport that pairs physical exercise with the beauty of nature. Classic style cross country ski, boot and pole rentals are available in sizes for kids to adults. More than 8 miles of trails are groomed and vary from beginner to expert.
Snowshoeing is as easy as strapping snowshoes on your boots; no training is necessary! We've got a variety of styles for all ages. We'll help you choose the right style.
Equipment Use Policies:
- Equipment rented for day use at Quarry Hill Park must be secured with a driver’s license or car keys.
- Equipment may be rented for use off-site; inquire about waiver and security deposit.
- Group rates may apply; inquire at the Nature Center.
* Rentals are available when snow conditions are deemed acceptable by Quarry Hill.
|Ski Rentals*:||4 Hours||Full Day||Weekend|
|Child (under 18)||$5.00||$10.00||$20.00|
|Snowshoe Rentals*:||4 Hours||Full Day||Weekend|
|Child (under 18)||$3.00||$6.00||$9.00|
Things to Note
- Aside from your ski and snowshoe tracks, look for animal tracks in the snow.
- Quarry Hill Nature Center offers ski by candlelight events. See our Calendar for upcoming opportunities.
- Use your arms and legs together to gather speed.
- Lean slightly forward for better balance.
- Use snowshoes with grips if you plan to go into woods or up hills.
- Use larger snowshoes in open areas with deep snow - like in the meadow.
- Strap the bindings on tight so you don’t have to take your mittens off to put them on again in the snow!
- The best snowshoeing happens “off the beaten path”. Try the meadow.
- Be careful not to ‘bridge’ your snowshoe.
- Dress in layers. Skiing and snowshoeing will warm you right up!