2022 Summer Youth Programs
Summer Nature Camp 2022
Week-long half day camps for youth entering K-9 grade in fall 2022.
Brochure Available March 3
Priority registration for members: Mar 7-16
Open enrollment: March 17
Bird Watch & Good Natured Kids
Mini-experiences for youth ages 4-7 with an adult.
Dates and details available March 3.
How to Register
Registration is accepted online only. Camp Registration is not accepted by phone or mail. If you require assistance with online registration, please call 507-328-3950 Mon - Fri from
9 am - 4 pm. Camps require full payment at the time of registration. A registration fee of $2.50 per camper will be added to the total camp fee.
When to Register
Member Priority Registration: March 7-16
Open Enrollment begins March 17
Camp brochure will be available March 3.
All campers registered before May 20 are guaranteed a camp t-shirt and will receive it on the first day of camp. Campers registered after May 20 will receive t-shirts while supplies last.
Campers can register for a wait list at no charge. Campers registered for the wait list will be contacted via email and phone in the order their registrations were received with registration instructions. Please provide an email address you frequently check so you can be reached if an opening becomes available.
Campers are encouraged to register for wait lists in any sessions they are able to attend.
- A full refund (less a $20 cancellation fee per camper) will be given for registered campers if a replacement is available from a waiting list and Quarry Hill is notified at least 10 business days prior to the start date of the registered camp session.
- Without a replacement, a 75% refund will be given if the Nature Center is notified by May 5
- Camp registrations are non-transferrable.
- Campers withdrawing before the start of camp due to a medical emergency are encouraged to re-schedule in a session with availability. If unable to reschedule, camp fees (less a $10 processing fee/per camper) will be refunded.
- Campers requesting a session change must call the Nature Center Office. Requests made after May 5 will incur a $10 fee per change/per camper. Session change requests will only be considered if they are made 10 or more business days before the start of your registered session.
- Friends of Quarry Hill Nature Center is committed to serving campers from all economic backgrounds. Scholarships are available for summer nature camp.
Scholarship terms: Families who qualify for the free/reduced school lunch program are eligible. A non-refundable fee of $20 is required to attend any camp with a regular fee of $110 or less (or ½ of the listed fee for camps over $110). Limit one scholarship per camper/per summer.
- Please contact Quarry Hill Nature Center to apply for a scholarship. (507) 328-3950.
Can I request to be in the same camp group as my friend?
Campers may request one other camper as a ‘buddy’. Both campers must request each other to ensure placement in the same camp group.
How big will my campers group size be?
Low camp to staff ratio is part of the Quarry Hill camp experience. Groups consist of 12 or less campers and are led by a staff member and a high school student assistant. Entering grade 7-9 camp groups are up to 16 campers and led by two staff members.
Can I register my camper for more than one camp?
Campers are welcome to register for any or all different camp offerings in their age group. Entering K through Grade 2 camps are the same all summer. If you wish to register your camper for more than one session, please be aware it is the same camp. We recommend a few weeks in between camp rather than consecutive weeks.
Do you have extended day options?
Quarry Hill campers should arrive and be picked up according to camp session times. Extended day and supervision between camp sessions is not available.
What do I need to know before registering my special needs camper?
We are happy to make reasonable accommodations for special needs. Parents and guardians with questions regarding the ability of camp staff to meet a child’s needs should contact the camp director before registering for camp.
Campers who require an aide in their school setting must be accompanied by an aide at camp. It is the responsibility of the camper’s family to provide this aide. Any aide that accompanies a camper must remain the same throughout the camp session in accordance with Covid safety guidelines.
Due to group size restrictions, the Quarry Hill office needs to be made aware of any camper that will be accompanied by an aide prior to registration to ensure the group enrollment is within guidelines.
What should my camper bring to camp?
Campers should dress for the weather in comfortable clothing. Clothing and shoes may get dirty and wet. Campers should bring a water bottle filled with water only each day.
What if it rains?
If there is no threat of severe weather, we will continue outdoor activities. In the event of inclement weather that prevents outdoor activity, camps will move indoors for alternate activities.
What are your camp safety protocols?
Safety is a priority at camp. All staff have first aid training and are trained in safety protocol for all camp activities.
Following guidance from MDH and the American Camp Association, Friend’s of Quarry Hill Nature Center follows a layered approach to prevention of Covid-19. This approach includes:
- Mask use indoors when conditions warrant
- Staff are required to be up to date on Covid 19 vaccination
- Proper physical distancing
- Increased ventilation in indoor spaces
- Use of outdoor spaces as much as possible
- Hand-washing and respiratory etiquette
- Staying home when sick and getting tested
- Cleaning and disinfection of all camp spaces and equipment.
Covid safety guidelines will be communicated with camp parents as needed. Quarry Hill reserves the right to modify and uphold Covid safety guidelines.
I have more questions, what do I do?
We are available to answer your questions! Call us at the Nature Center office M - F from 9 am - 4 pm: 507-328-3950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.