Friends of Quarry Hill Nature Center is actively seeking board members.
Right now, there is an opportunity to join the Friends of Quarry Hill Nature Center Board of Directors – an opportunity to get things done with a hard-working, environmentally-aware and dedicated group of people. Quarry Hill is on solid financial footing, and we are working toward continued growth and development. Now is an exciting time to get involved.
Duties of the Board of Directors include:
- Support Quarry Hill’s mission, purpose, goals, policies and programs.
- Support the staff and teachers of Quarry Hill in their work.
- Attend regular board meetings and complete action items in between meetings. Board meetings are held six times per year. The meetings are scheduled in the evenings, typically lasting an hour and a half.
- In addition to attending regular board meetings, actively serve on at least one ad hoc committee of the board that tackles initiatives identified by the board’s strategic plan.
- Serve for up to a three-year term with the option to renew for additional three-year terms.
- Approve the annual budget, review quarterly financial statements and oversee the implementation of the annual financial audit.
- Represent Quarry Hill at events and activities. Board members are strongly encouraged to get involved as volunteers at events.
- Believe in the mission of Quarry Hill.
- Understand and be willing to make the required commitment to attend board functions.
- Network and make connections in support of Quarry Hill.
- Demonstrate excellent follow-through with commitments to board activities.
- Previous experience serving on a board or other committees.
- Display experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising and development
- Public relations and marketing
- Special events
- Strategic planning/business development
The deadline for applications is February 24, 2024.
A nominating committee of four current Board members will review applications and recommend a slate of nominees to fill a limited number of openings at its March 20 board of directors meeting. New board members will begin their terms in May 2024.
The Quarry Hill Board of Directors is making significant efforts to assure a diverse and representative board of directors. If you would like to apply for a board position, please fill out the application.
If you have any questions for the Quarry Hill Board of Directors, please email us! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in and support of Quarry Hill Nature Center.